Join Second Life™
BioBreeds, Breedables, Pets, Dogs, Animals, Virtual, Breeding, Breedable, K-9, K9, Horses, Ponies, Pony, Ecology, BB, Canine, Race, Hunt, Realistic, Dogland
Forum Home Forum Home > The BioBreeds Forum > BioBreeds General > Breeding Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Luna's Breeding Tips #1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
Lunaria Eclipse View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Lunaria Eclipse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Luna's Breeding Tips #1
    Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 1:34pm
When I breed for purity I usually look for the same coat in the full page of the pedigree. Let's say I am going for a Midnight Rotty (which is one of my fave's to breed) I will make sure the FULL Pedigree Page has all Midnight Coats in it.  I am very particular when it comes to the purity of the coats in my lines!!  Try it out!! See if you can fill the full page of a pedigree with any Trait, Coat or anything you like! Make it consistant Make it strong in your lines!!

Dance with the moon...Shine Brightly
MsMagick Resident View Drop Down
Breeder
Breeder

Post Options Post Options   Quote MsMagick Resident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 8:53am
Any tips to how to make pure lines? It am trying backbreeding, but am getting starter coats and such popping up. Also what about tips for introducing or bringing out more traits? I'm new to BioBreeds and used to breedables that breed somewhat differently. 

Edited by MsMagick Resident - 15 Aug 2015 at 10:44am
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lunaria Eclipse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 10:33am
The best way I have found to strengthen lines for my midnight rotties is to back breed. But when I do it I wait until they throw the actual coat before I back breed them. So I would breed a midnight daughter to her father then wait for them to throw a midnight male then breed her to her brother :).  Same for trait's my rotties are known (to me anyways) to have pizzazz eyes :) that is because my first midnight pair had it and i loved it so i kept breeding them til i had a bunch of sibs and then crossbred like mad to make it strong :).  Hope that helps you somewhat it is just my breeding scheme of course :)

Breeder
Breeder

Post Options Post Options   Quote MsMagick Resident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 10:46am
*nods* What do you do to add new traits once you have the coat pure if you aren't getting them on it? I'm not there yet, but am curious.

BigglesVII Resident View Drop Down
Breeder
Breeder

Post Options Post Options   Quote BigglesVII Resident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 11:02am
The best thing i've found to throw traits into the line is to inject a starter, preferably an epic starter and it chucks out all sorts of traits. It was how I got my first triple shade.
Breeder
Breeder

Post Options Post Options   Quote MsMagick Resident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 12:19pm
Thanks, Biggles! I know I've heard you say that. I have a live starter... giving me lots of traits, but not on the coats I want. I think I need to get the lines stronger THEN add back in the starter, if needed. 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lunaria Eclipse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 1:56pm
Come on over to The Eclipse Room and See the other tips I use when Breeding for purity alone. 

Post Reply Post Reply