Join Second Life™
BioBreeds, Breedables, Pets, Dogs, Animals, Virtual, Breeding, Breedable, K-9, K9, Horses, Ponies, Pony, Ecology, BB, Canine, Race, Hunt, Realistic, Dogland
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Media
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The Astronaut Wives Club

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
MsMagick Resident View Drop Down
Breeder
Breeder

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote MsMagick Resident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Astronaut Wives Club
    Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 6:41am
Based on a book which tells the true story of these women, this is my new favorite TV show. Yes, it's about the beginnings of the American space program and the women behind the men, but it's also about a very important time in American history, especially for women and people of color. A certain ex-hippie who is very dear to me used to say that I was born during the Summer of Love (not exactly, but close enough), and the story line of the show has just passed that point. Which is another way to say that the late 60's and early 70's have a very special place in my heart. I love watching the woman find their strength even as I mourn the assignations of those who stepped up to make our country a better place. Loss as a catalyst for change, I suppose, but it's sad it took so much of it. I see parts of myself in the women on the show, and it is interesting to see how their lives are changing as well. There is only one episode left.. at least for this summer. I'd like to follow the women as they move on to other places in their lives, but don't know if that is planned. Either way, it's a really well done show, and especially special to me.

Edited by MsMagick Resident - 15 Aug 2015 at 7:40am
Lunaria Eclipse View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lunaria Eclipse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2015 at 12:04pm
I haven't watched :) Wish I did my Sister loves it!

Dance with the moon...Shine Brightly
MsMagick Resident View Drop Down
Breeder
Breeder

Post Options Post Options   Quote MsMagick Resident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2015 at 12:15pm
*nods* They wrapped it up last night, ending with mini bios on each woman's future. I know it's available on Hulu (Plus), and you can also find the last episodes here:
I'm sure other places will have it soon as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply