Join Second Life™
BioBreeds, Breedables, Pets, Dogs, Animals, Virtual, Breeding, Breedable, K-9, K9, Horses, Ponies, Pony, Ecology, BB, Canine, Race, Hunt, Realistic, Dogland
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

It's Magick!*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
MsMagick Resident View Drop Down
Breeder
Breeder

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote MsMagick Resident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It's Magick!*
    Posted: 21 Aug 2015 at 1:11pm
I'm a kinky ex-Pagan Goddess who breeds and sells cats - both big and small. I really got into BioBreeds because of the big cats, and I only breed the Wild Ones. I'm currently focusing on Panthers and Snow Leopards because they're my favorites. 

To me, the joy of having breedable animals on SL is being able to enjoy watching them run and play in my garden. The only time that you'll see movement turned off there is when I have plopped them side-by-side and told them to get to it. I don't like to waste time because time costs kibble, so 80% is good to me! LOL!

I'm disabled in RL and find that SL allows me to do many of the things that I love but can no longer easily do in RL. I can't afford to put RL$ into SL anymore and see selling some of my animals as a way to be able to buy food for the ones that I keep and enjoy - and sometimes maybe a pretty gown for myself or a gift for someone special. 

I'm picky about what I buy, and some consider me a "Boutique Breeder" in that I'm a smaller breeder who focuses on breeding what I love, but I also try to keep my prices reasonable. I prefer not to Heaven animals, and would much rather sell them, even if I know that's what the buyer is going to do with them. Who knows though - maybe some of them will actually become pets. :-) While I do work on developing traits, I also think beauty comes in a variety of forms, and I know that not every buyer is a breeder looking for max trait count. With another breedable, I intentionally breed some with certain cute starter traits that I love in order to sell them inexpensively as pets because... well... that's how I started.  ^.^

* This spelling of "magic" comes from the writings of Aleister Crowley and is used to differentiate it from stage magic - e.g. pulling a rabbit out of a hat. I'm not into the man himself, but do find some of the concepts he wrote about interesting. "Magick", spelled with the k, means "to create change in accordance with Will" where Will... what he calls "True Will".. is really one's Highest Purpose.

My display name, "Mistress Magick", is one of the pen names that I write and blog under in RL... when I actually manage to pop my head back up out of SL long enough to do so!

Edited by MsMagick Resident - 10 Sep 2015 at 5:47am
Lunaria Eclipse View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lunaria Eclipse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 10:49am
We are happy to have you :)!!! Welcome to a new Obsession!
Handshake

Dance with the moon...Shine Brightly
Breeder
Breeder

Post Options Post Options   Quote MsMagick Resident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 12:27am
Thanks, Luna!

Breeder
Breeder

Post Options Post Options   Quote MsMagick Resident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 4:57am
BTW - if you're wondering why I haven't been at auctions this week (and have literally been very quiet when I have been around): the sound isn't working on my laptop. That's what happened at the auction at the Farm on Monday. I spent a good hour+ on the phone with HP Support after I left.

I'm already using my backup laptop (HP) because I sent my gaming one (MSI) off for repairs, but after getting new parts, etc., they weren't able to fix it. The sound issue on the HP is a hardware problem affecting everything from SL to YouTube to Skype, and both the speakers and any headset I plug in. I'll be sending it in for repairs for the 2nd time in two months (among other things, they replaced the I/O card last time because of issues when trying to use a headset), but am waiting until the replacement for my MSI arrives... which FedEx says will be before 8pm today. *fingers crossed*

Musical Laptops, anyone?

Thank Goddess that I bought all the extended warranties/service plans!

(And, no... I haven't owned a desktop machine since 2002. With my health, I often have to lie down, and I find it hard to sit at a desk for extended periods because of back and circulatory issues.)

Edited by MsMagick Resident - 10 Sep 2015 at 5:50am
Breeder
Breeder

Post Options Post Options   Quote MsMagick Resident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 2:20am
I LOVE my new lappy, but HATE Windows 8.1. I intentionally got Windows 7 machines before, and am doing everything I can re: using a program so I have a real start menu, making apps go into windows that can be resized, getting rid of the useless & annoying start screen that likes to pop up while I'm working... grr!

How is Windows 10 working for folks? I voice a lot due to tendinitis in my wrists when I type too much so I'm especially concerned about it. I heard Win 10 doesn't play well with Nahimic, but I have it turned off at the moment anyway, and there might be patches now for other issues. Thanks!

Edited by MsMagick Resident - 17 Sep 2015 at 2:24am
 Post Reply Post Reply